The Town of Franklin Town Board held a duly advertised special Board Meeting on Monday, April 17, 2006 at 2:00 pm at the Franklin Town Hall in Vermontville, NY.
Board members present:
Supervisor Mary Ellen Keith
Councilman Walt Kretser
Councilman Gene Goff
Board members absent:
Councilman Tim Goff
Councilwoman Janet Ordway
Deputy Hwy Supt. Eric Merrill
Town Clerk Sandra Oliver
Nelson Tamer, M.A. Jerry & Co., Inc.
Don Bassette, Viking Cives
Cliff Longtemps, Tracey Road Equipment
CALL TO ORDER
Supervisor Keith called the meeting to order at 2:00 pm. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited; the Town Clerk called the roll and stated a quorum was present.
OPENING OF BIDS
The Town Clerk opened sealed bids for the 2007 International vehicle and noted that requests for bids had been advertised a second time in the Albany Times-Union and in the Syracuse Post-Standard. Two bids had been received, from M.A. Jerry for $156,750 plus warranty of $3,650.00 and Tracey Equipment for $145,147 plus warranty for $6,300.
The Highway Committee will meet with Highway Superintendent James Rascoe upon his return from vacation (Wednesday April 19th) to review the specifications submitted by both bidders. Both bidders will be notified in due course as to the results of same.
1. A bill from M.A. Jerry for $788.89 will be discussed with the Highway Superintendent.
2. All sold surplus equipment has been removed from the Town's insurance policies
3. The Highway Dept. will move clean fill to the Town cemeteries
4. Town Clean-Up Day was discussed. Tabled to May 8th meeting
5. The County Treasurer extended tax collection to April 30th
6. Adirondack Park Agency acknowledged receipt of the Town's resolution concerning the proposed subdivision by Trails End Enterprises
7. The Yellow Wood contract is ready to be mailed - in sum of $14,000.
There being no further business to conduct, the meeting adjourned at 2:52 p.m.
(G.Goff-W.Kretser m/s/p) ALL AYE
Respectfully submitted, Sandra J. Oliver, Town Clerk